Monday, November 07, 2005

1 year later...

I can't believe I am actually setting up a blog. Not exactly the most IT saavy person around (my better half can vouch for that...that's why he's my better half when it comes to IT related matters). Most people set up blogs when their newborns are still 'new' but my newborn is already 13 months as of yesterday.

I don't even know how blog works, so I'm just typing away now. Will try the fonts and colours, html codes later on.

Can't even add a picture now cos my wonderful IBM laptop is at the service center. Somehow it has to come up with a major fault once a year. It was the hard disk that died-ed last year and last week, it was the network card. Best still, I scratched my car while entering the IBM carpark. Guess someone out there just loves to hear me curse, 1st curse about having to drive from West to East just to service the laptop which takes about 3-5 working days, then curse for adding more battle scars to our 2 years old (only) Mit Galant.

Why I put in 'Parenthood - Parent who?' is because I am still in the midst of finding myself as a parent. Again, my recent trip to ChiangMai with our Prince has made me realised how life has changed drastically.


  1. The list of things to bring: No longer applies to me (I used to have a checklist for myself for every trip). The list for the Prince goes on and on.... bibs, bottle food, bottles and teats, sterilising tablets, stacking cups, books, milk powder, jacket, toothbrush, pillow, bolsters, the singing frog known as Baby Tad and Gibra (because both parents cannot tell whether it's a Giraffe or a Zebra), etc.
  2. No more Dutyfree shopping: Timing was such that the Prince needs his breakfast served. Thank God for the Star Alliance lounge (yes dear, your Gold card does wonders) so we had a pretty relaxing breakfast while waiting to board. Of course relaxing means no time to browse around the cosmestics counters downstairs.
  3. Inflight entertainment: no need for ear phones and definitely no time for movies. The little one is so active he keeps you entertained. In fact, I think anyone who travels with a toddler or baby will not get that 'bloodclog-in-your-veins' syndrome because you will definitely be up and about, walking up and down the aisles in order to keep your little one (and yourself) at ease.

Other than that, I thank everyone around me, Hubby and in laws for their help to make the vacation still feel like a vacation. MIL helped lug a rice cooker and sweet potatoes and kettle for the Prince. FIL helped carry the Prince from place to place, even through the 4 villages we visited near Chiang Rai.. they didn't have roads around there, just soil and mud paths. BIL, SIL and Gary the boyfriend helped with carrying bags and entertainment, even the last bath. It was hilarious to see 5 grown ups all inside a bathroom trying to entertain a baby, so that we can get him cleaned of soap!

That's all for now. This trip really helped build confidence for our Christmas holiday next month. Ho Chi Minh, here we come!

Oh, just in case you don't know yet, the Prince's name is Aidan.

0 Comments:

<< Home

Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker