Find
FIND
1a : to come upon often accidentally : ENCOUNTER b : to meet with (a particular reception)
2 a : to come upon by searching or effortb : to discover by study or experiment c : to obtain by effort or management d : ATTAIN, REACH
3 a : to discover by the intellect or the feelings : EXPERIENCEb : to perceive (oneself) to be in a certain place or condition c : to gain or regain the use or power of d : to bring (oneself) to a realization of one's powers or of one's proper sphere of activity
4 a : PROVIDE, SUPPLY b : to furnish (room and board) especially as a condition of employment
5 : to determine and make a statement aboutintransitive senses : to determine a case judicially by a verdict - findĀ·able /'fIn-d&-b&l/ adjective- find fault : to criticize unfavorably
1a : to come upon often accidentally : ENCOUNTER b : to meet with (a particular reception)
2 a : to come upon by searching or effort
3 a : to discover by the intellect or the feelings : EXPERIENCE
4 a : PROVIDE, SUPPLY b : to furnish (room and board) especially as a condition of employment
5 : to determine and make a statement about
It occurred to me that 'Find' is a very powerful word. Everyone finds, is finding or found something everyday. I hope you don't find me corny for putting up all the different meanings for the word. If I wanted to be funny, I would have included the pronunciation and the Latin origins. By the way, 'Find' is a verb.
HAHAHA
For myself, I am currently trying to find the energy to keep my eyelids open because our Prince woke up almost every hour last night. One of my family member is trying to find a new job (hint: it's not yours truly and the Prince is having a ball of a time being unemployeed) in order to achieve greater job satisfaction and career advancement. My hubby's been telling me to stop finding fault with our maid. He thinks she's doing a good job but I guess my expectations as 'Mdm' are slightly higher. [Still cannot figure out why someone would throw away a piece of poker card while telling me she kept the rest of the pack away; or giving Aidan a non-waterproof mechanical toy to play in his bath water and tells me "Oh, Aidan make spoil lah!" when I asked why the music doesn't play anymore]
HAHAHA
As parents, we are also trying to find Mimi's Toes at the moment. Mimi's the monkey from Baby Einstein book. Nope, no one chopped off her toes and they didn't walked off. We probably lost the freaking book, Mimi and her toes in tow, on the plane while coming back from Thailand. At least there is one comfort, I was prepared mentally for it. (because the website was right... 'be prepared to lose something' while on a trip with a child)
One of the most meaningful forwards I have ever received was about finding happiness. Roy Goodman said: "Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination." Self explanatory, right? In short, try to be happy all the time!
When we were married and without kids, we used to find time to kill. Window shopping in the malls (until today we still ask ourselves why did we go to Suntec City so often???!), rubbing shoulders with strangers at sales (ok, maybe I used to find time to kill, my hubby simply followed me) just to see if there are any good buys, watch movies, go to the driving range to whack a few balls, etc. I used to even grocery shop in town since we have so much time to spare. My other half was embarassed to walk down Orchard Rd with spring onions sticking out of the plastic bags, packets of fresh milk and bottles of Dynamo and Pantene. I 'fondly' remembered him ranting: "Can't you find these things in Lot 1 or something?! Wah lau eh, where got people come to Orchard to buy grocery wan! Somemore make me carry these from Taka to Lido!"
Of course, things changed after the Prince came along. It amazes me, now there are even MORE things to find!
One of the most meaningful forwards I have ever received was about finding happiness. Roy Goodman said: "Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination." Self explanatory, right? In short, try to be happy all the time!
When we were married and without kids, we used to find time to kill. Window shopping in the malls (until today we still ask ourselves why did we go to Suntec City so often???!), rubbing shoulders with strangers at sales (ok, maybe I used to find time to kill, my hubby simply followed me) just to see if there are any good buys, watch movies, go to the driving range to whack a few balls, etc. I used to even grocery shop in town since we have so much time to spare. My other half was embarassed to walk down Orchard Rd with spring onions sticking out of the plastic bags, packets of fresh milk and bottles of Dynamo and Pantene. I 'fondly' remembered him ranting: "Can't you find these things in Lot 1 or something?! Wah lau eh, where got people come to Orchard to buy grocery wan! Somemore make me carry these from Taka to Lido!"
Of course, things changed after the Prince came along. It amazes me, now there are even MORE things to find!
- I used to need to find time at work to pump. It is agonising when you are in the midst of a meeting or rushing an urgent report when you know you need to drop everything to make your son's meals for the following day. (Working BF mums, I am sure you are nodding your heads away when you read this)
- I need to find time to do things of my own. Write my cheques, read some newspapers (I think people around me are sick of hearing "Sorry, what happened ah? Where got bombed? I haven't got time to read papers these few days") and trim and re-colour my hair (now people can tell my original hair colour is black... haha, ok this is a bit exaggerated)
- I manage to find patience in my deeper self. Especially when the little one wakes up middle of the night, crying and you don't know what he wants. The books were right, 1 minute of baby crying at night feels like 1 hour to the parent. I know my hubby will say I still have room to improve but let me add this first, our Hercules Ang doesn't stop at crying. He pinches your chest, kicks your stomach and jerks his head backwards everytime you carry him. Talk about abusing the aged.
- I thought it will be a good idea to find Aidan some Pumpkin Patch clothings from NZ since his Ah Yi is there now. So I was surfing the net a lot, trying to find him the cool tops and bottoms. I love online shopping. Just have to click away and you have so much opportunities to spend money. :P
- I cooked His Highness a new dish called 'Cheesy Alphabet Pasta'. I was looking for D,A,N,I,A amongst the pile of cooked pasta in order to create this:

- Last Sunday, we also found time to bring the Prince to West Coast Park. We were up by 7am (thanks to our little in-house rooster), and reached the park almost 8am. Naturally, parking was abundance, and we had a wide choice of seats.
- Back home, I was trying to find time to nag my hubby to drill the curtain rod back to the wall. When the chance came and action was finally about to take place, he found his toolbox but not the packet of rod supporters. So while he was finding the location to drill, Aidan and I had to look around the house to find the pair of metal pieces.
- I failed to find time to pack my old things at my Mum's place. Also couldn't find my insurance policies and my old bag of working clothes. (somehow things around the office reminded me that I did used to have a pair of pin-striped pants I used to wear quite often until the day I couldn't breathe when foetus Aidan grew bigger in my tummy)
- Lastly, before the end of today, I need to find the drive and the self discipline to complete a long oustanding analysis report. You see, Appraisal Day is this Friday.
Oh Darling, when you are reading this, remember to remind me we need to find the missing Tutu cover and find new light bulbs this weekend. ;)


2 Comments:
In case you have not heard enough - you write really well :) - keep the posts coming!
tt
Great post...
You better to 'find' out what's keeping him up or you'll be drinking a lot of Brands
Bil
Post a Comment
<< Home