Friday, January 20, 2006

A Friday Night

So, there are just some things which you cannot do alone, like changing the batteries of the baby monitor. There's a double lock to it. I suppose it is to prevent the baby from reaching to the batteries easily. Struggled with it for 10 mins and decided it is more worthwhile keeping the door ajar and surf the net and let hubby come home to fix it.

It's a Friday night and everyone seems to have gatherings to attend to. My colleagues organised a dinner since it's 'Bonus Day' today. There's apparently some delicious crabs being served at Blk 232 Ang Mo Kio. Was looking forward to go to it until a mysterious (and unbearable) rash decided to appear on my neck mid afternoon. By afternoon, I was scratching all over, from my arms to my thighs and tummy. Had to sit through the appraisal with my boss, trying not to move too much. The only place I could relieve some itch was my neck, while pretending to be deep in thought while digging my nails into the skin.
d
So as I am blogging, Hubby has gone to meet his HP colleagues for drinks. We were going to take 'shifts', for him to tug the Prince to bed and I watch over him; but guessed it turned out I am available to cover 2 shifts, to watch over Prince Aidan as well as my patchy skin.
k
The Prince is down with running nose. It might be a cold this time instead of flu. (Not sure what's the difference? Check it out here.) I blame it on myself for opening the car window for him while it was raining and hence got his arms and face wet. Similarly, my Mum also blamed it on me for causing him to catch a cold. To-be-Dr Chua (my sis) and Hubby were more open and said there are a thousand other factors which could have caused the Prince to fall sick. How sweet of them!
kl
Anyway, talking about illnesses and doctors, I couldn't find a reason why I got the rash. The GP asked the standard "Where did you eat/go? Any allergy you know?" but I could not think of anything new that I have not experienced before... except a 1/2 cup of Nescafe 3-in-1 coffee during breakfast.
io
Saw Mum's neighbour, who said it has got to be the coffee because they put all sorts of rubbish into 3-in-1 coffee. It seems quite far fetched that a few mouthfuls of coffee could cause those itchy red patches but that may be it, because I never take coffee (hence only managed to finish 1/2 cup) and I drank coffee this morning because there was no tea available. Now that the itch has gone, and I've got medicine on my side, I am tempted to try that 3-in-1 coffee again just to prove whether I'm allergic to it or not!
d
Last incident I want to highlight was my experience at the doctor. Went in, gave my staff pass, hung around the counter and the nurse asked me: "Anidugalleargi?". Naturally, I went: "Pardon?", and she repeated: "Any drug allergy?". This time I got her question, maybe because I paid attention and was reading her lips.
d
It was amusing because as I sat and waited, she asked the next patient who walked in, the same question and the person couldn't catch her muffled question. She had to repeat "Any drug allergy?" one more time before the person answered no.
l
After I went in, and came out cursing the Doctor silently (because he seemed very bored during the whole session, and asked me at the end: "So, do you want me to give you the injection or take medicine?". Pardon me, but I never knew you needed an injection for getting a rash and he didn't bother to explain the options and the effects to me!); I obtained my rash medicine plus free period cramps pills and was finishing my text message to Hubby before stepping out when the nurse asked the next patient a question.
k
Didn't pay attention to it until the patient asked: "Huh?", and she asked again: "Any drug allergy?". I almost cracked up, so quickly grabbed my bag and walked out smiling to myself.
l
Tell me, in situations like this, should one be a kind soul and walk up to the nurse and tell her maybe she shouldn't mumble her "Any drug allergy?" question because it seems she ends up having to ask the same question twice to every patient that comes through the door. Me being in Singapore, I'll just keep it to myself because people will just deem you as being a busybody.
l
(Hurray! 1 tablet of Zyrtec and my itch has stopped! Whew!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker