8 more to go...
COUNTING DOWN....8, 7, 6, 5....
I can't believe that I have 8 more weeks to go. It's getting extremely torturous. Doesn't matter whether I am awake or asleep, I'm constantly reminded of the fact that I am heavily pregnant by the discomforts. (and doesn't help that I am already heavier than when I was full term with the Prince and am the 'proud' owner of at least 30 stretch marks, thanks to a bigger than normal tummy... so you can imagine how shitty I am feeling now)
You are supposed to sleep on your left because lying on your right would mean pressing on your liver. Lying on your back after the 1st trimester is a no-no because your weight from the tummy will be going onto the main artery, causing your heart to work harder than it needs to in order to keep up with the blood flow. So, I am trying hard to sleep on the left but it can get rather boring sleeping on one side. When I try flip to the right (at moments like these, my comfort while sleeping is more important than my liver), I can barely twist my bulky body more than 10cm before yelping/cursing in pain because of the ligament pull in my pelvis.
Oh yes please, someone tell me they are suffering from the same ligament ache around the pelvis area (while being pregnant, of course). My gynae says it's normal but I havent' heard anyone complaining real hard about it.
It is also this same ache that is causing me to limp and waddle every time I take a step. When I attended a pre-natal class 2 years ago, the therapist told the class how you can differentiate the ladies who had gone through a C-section because they will sway side to side when they walk, while the ones who have gone natural would walk properly. But hey, I haven't even gone through the birth process yet and I am already swaying!


1 Comments:
Hey I have the same ligament pull for this baby - and I am only in week 21! Long way ahead man... Its so painful that you just freeze, to make the pain go away... maybe this only happens in 2nd pregnancies??
Anyway enjoy the days before a new baby comes and creates new 'havoc' in yr life... that's how I console myself - my pregnancies r bad cos I always have GD :( so count yrself lucky (in a way)! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home