The Incredible One
Not only did the Prince miss his afternoon nap, I missed my Saturday naps as well. While he slept in the morning for a mere 45mins, I spent that time at the yoga class which is seemingly getting harder and harder, especially when trying to balance/ lift my legs. Anyway, back to missing naps, it means I am dead tired and badly need to catch up with sleep after a tiring week.
It amazes me how much energy toddlers have. With just 45mins of nap today, the Prince still managed to last until his usual 9pm bedtime. I expected him to throw a fit or fall asleep in the car while heading for dinner but he was bursting with energy swinging his head to the music in the car and demanding where and what to do when we were in the mall. The only down side of today's behaviour is he didn't eat much of each meal except loads of watermelon at Joshua's birthday party, and an entire 'pig' made-of-God-knows-what-ingredients. (It's 3 for $1 now, I swore my parents must have paid 20cents or even 10cents for 1 during my time). JUST IN CASE YOU ARE WONDERING, THE 'FLOWER' THINGY NEXT TO THE 'PIG CAGE' (ZHU LONG, AS WE CALL IN MANDARIN) IS THE REFLECTION OF OUR DINING ROOM LIGHT.

So while Hubby is back in Malaysia to attend yet another wedding (can you believe the couple stated "Regret, no children" inside their invitation??? - though that is not the reason why our family chose not to attend in full force), I brought him to Joshua's 1 year old Birthday party and then back home for an attempt for a nap of 45 mins (failed) and then dinner at the neighbourhood mall and (unbelievably) another long process of bedtime. The Prince's got a new favourite book (below) which he makes us read it at least twice over before he decides to move on to another book, not to mention his increased love of milk (intake from 200ml to 450ml every night).

By the way, I am trying to get him to call me 'Mummy' instead of 'Mama' because my mum uses the same term but in a different intonation; so I have been telling him it's 'Mummy Bear & Baby Bear' in this book. When I asked him earlier what's the little bear called, he replied 'Baby' and when I asked him about the Mummy bear in green (my heart filled with hope), he yelled: "BIG (bear)!" Not my desired answer but have to give him 1 point still, for trying.
The Prince has also learnt the value of money and how to ask Daddy for money to buy things (such as 'tikam' $1 per ball machine, sweets, cold drinks, toys, etc) that Mummy wouldn't buy for him . Last Sunday, he got 50cents from Daddy to buy a Chupa Chup. Of course, we chose the flavour we wanted to eat, thinking that we will probably get to eat some part of it. But alas, the Prince hoarded the lollipop the entire time, and even though he offered to us for a few licks, he refused to let go of his 'property'. When Dad asked him who bought the lollipop, he answered 'Dan-dan' which was true in a way because Daddy handed him the money to pass to the shop-keeper.

Me and Sis are glad that our Dad was in the mood to celebrate his 56th Birthday because Uncle Leonard was cremated just the day before. I realised we didn't take any family pic but looking at the smiles on Wai-gong and Wai-po's faces, the presence of the Prince makes up for everyone else.
The Prince has also started to have this habit of kidnapping Yi-Yi's soft toys. It was the dog 2 days ago, and today it's the cat pillow (which Yi-yi hasn't been informed about yet... and no phone calls from her means perhaps she hasn't discovered yet).

And lastly, after several similar remarks from people around me this week, I have a burning question to ask my gynae next Tuesday: Will I pop earlier than my EDD (expected delivery date)? I must be huge because 4 people this week thought that I am due to give birth anytime. And the same remarks came after I tell them I am just entering my last trimester - "But you are so big!"
Yes, I know I am having difficulty getting up whenever I sit down or squat, I know I won't be able to sleep well at night until I pop (or until the baby sleeps through the night, or even for the next few years); I know I have a hearty appetite for food but not a hearty appetite for working out; but their remarks really make me worry because I cannot imagine how much bigger I will be if I have another 3 months to go! I am starting even now to doubt whether I gave the gynae the correct start date of my last menses before my pregnancy. Hmmm.....



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home