Crazy Things Parents Do
When I heard of this incident 3 years ago from a colleague, I thought it was one of the most absurd things one could do as a form of entertainment for kids. It shocked me that kids nowadays are so fortunate.
And last Saturday, we did the exact same thing which I never thought we would do: Took His little Highness for a Double Decker bus ride. Yup, never thought a form of public transport could turn out to be a form of entertainment.
To be precise, we actually drove to Orchard (because in ulu CCK, SBS transit does not exist and hence, we 'lucky' folks only have the Bendy 'long' bus and no double deckers). Had to plan our route in advance because of Yours Truly, the invalid who can waddle a maximum of 100m only.
Here's us at the bus stop.

Boarded Bus 111 from Emerald (parked at the Heeren but alas, the bus stop in front does not have any double deckers that head for Suntec - which Daddy decided that it was a reasonable distance to take to, so that The Prince could enjoy the 'splendid' view from the upper deck), and well, guess it was indeed something different because this is something I miss as well. I always loved sitting on the top deck as well, particularly the front row. This is the view I missed:
I'd consider this little 'adventure' of ours a fruitful and fun one, because we killed many birds with 1 stone:
1. Kept our promise and took The Prince on a Double Deck. The Prince reminded us the whole day that we have to bring him to take "Bus (with) Upstairs".
2. Daddy discovered Toys R Us in Suntec City and decided that is his favourite store because of its great store layout.
3. Managed to buy a present for The Prince which will be given to him, from 'Mei Mei' when he comes visit us at the hospital.
4. Had great Japanese dinner at Ichiban Boshi. Great because The Prince fought to feed himself and ate a full bowl of rice with salmon, beef and tofu by himself. Topped that up with Konyaku jelly and mango ice blended before wanting to get out of his high chair. At least Daddy got to finish his dinner at one go for once.
Here's my 2 boys at the zoo, earlier on Saturday morning.

Lastly, my blog turns ONE today!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home