Sunday, November 12, 2006

This Weekend (could be our last as family of 3)

From Burger King...(curse Blogger, just can't get rid of the underline above and also change the colour of the font!)


I don't know whether it should be a sign of relief or a sign of exasperation but the Prince doesn't seem to eat much when it comes to fast food. He has tried McDonalds' and Hotcakes and hash browns (this goes without saying) are fine. He ate the Ham and Cheese Crossiant at BK but barely took 1/4 and he's off running around with his new hat. Again, the hash browns and iced Milo were warmly welcome but not the food.


Perhaps I can start posting pictures of the Prince in his new haircut every mid-month. Happened to check back on last month's picture and it was taken on the 14th Oct! So he truly needs a trim every month. Obviously I don't look at the calendar to see if my son needs a haircut, I simply check the length of hair touching his ears.

This month, probably coupled with the 'nesting instinct', I am in sort of a mood to sort the house inside out, and sort my son's hair as well. Must say that even though it's more challenging this time, the results was better than last month's! Today, the Prince refused to sit in his regular 'haircut' chair so I gave up and ended up chasing him around the couch and TV just to snip those few strands off! (my maid must be cursing at me for having to sweep the floor, vacuum the entire sofa plus the cushions, but she should really forgive a heavily pregnant lady who has difficulty moving around with the tummy so big and low)



It's driving Hubby nuts because I dug out almost every corner of the house and pestered him with "Can you please clear these? You still want or can throw?" So far, he's done a pretty good job in clearing one of the dining table chairs, by reducing the height by a third and shifting the pile from the chair to the floor.


The Prince also got a good deal (even though he doesn't know it yet as we intend to ration the distribution of toys to him) during our Toys R Us visit earlier this evening. Just speaking to Michelle and guess it's normal that parents feel sorry for their firstborn so there is a tendency to spoil him with toys.

Daddy got him the Ultimate Thomas and Friends train set, and the size is so ridiculous I actually asked Aidan to stand next to the box to see how big the set is! On top of that, there's 3 Tomica cars! Mummy got him smaller, more sensible things like a waffle making Play-doh set and painting kits.






Lastly, since I am going mad about sorting the house and trying to improve the living environment since I will be staying full time at home for the next 3 months, really got to try visit Ikea soon to pick up a spare mattress (Hubby deems the current one we have not fit for visitors to sleep on), an easel for the Prince and a photo frame. Yup, and if I have more time before I pop, perhaps a visit to the hairdresser. Thank god I did my nails last week! ;) Did I mention that I also got a contractor to come and do up black-outs for the windows on the second level of my living room? How about the child safety gate which I intend to drill into the staircase... after the baby arrives, of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker