The 'Triage' System
The 'Triage' System practises prioritising the offering of medical help to patients, based on the seriousness and severity of their condition, NOT based on the time of arrival.... in the hospital's A&E ward.
l
By common sense, it seems reasonable; since it's the Emergency ward. However, when you have a family member as a patient waiting for treatment there, the natural question is "Is it our turn yet, why so long?!".
That was the exact question I asked, when I hurried into the Emergency ward back in Malaysia during our CNY visit earlier this week. Dear Prince had injured his arm in the morning, while attempting to climb his Ah Gong's sofa at home. I was having breakfast with my BIL when the call came to tell us to meet at the hospital.
When our turn came, and Hubby and I accompanied the Prince into the Emergency ward, I recalled how scary it was for me. Firstly, I was scared that the Prince had dislocated his elbow for the 3rd time (he has already dislocated each elbow once... and I thought breastfed babies have stronger bones structure); and secondly, I was pretty afraid they will be wheeling some bloodied, half mangled motorcyclist who was involved in an car accident to the bed next to us. After all, it is the festive period and God knows how people like to risk shortening their lives during this time.
Fortunately, the X-rays showed that nothing was fractured or out of place with the Prince's arm so we were discharged on the spot. Ok, so that's my story for Day No. 3 of CNY.
Now to Day No. 2 of CNY. Reason why only my BIL and I were eating Roti Prata out at the shop while Hubby and rest-of-family stayed home, was because Hubby and SIL got food poisoning on Day 2. SIL felt giddy and felt like vomitting, while Hubby vomitted several times and had diarrhea. Amazing, right. I seem to be reporting illnesses in my recent posts. Cannot understand why my family members are so 'suay' these 2 months. Someone has to fall sick during a holiday.
Ok, back to happier events... the night ride back to P.Jaya was great because the Prince fell asleep in the car, after our reunion dinner with my parents. Spent CNY eve shopping and got the Prince a new pair of shoes (Baby Bigfoot wears a size 8 now). We drove back to Seremban, to the home of Aidan's great grandad. It's standard procedure to spend the night over and have reunion dinner with the family.
No family photos this time.
Just 2 photos to share with you the 2 important meals for CNY.
The dinner on New Year's Eve and the breakfast on Day 1 Chinese New Year.

Title: Reunion Dinner
Food by: Xiao Gu Gu
Photo by: T.Chian Ang
Title: The Morning After - 'Mee Sua' breakfastFood by: Part 1 Mama/ Part 2 Xiao Gu Gu
Photo: T.Chian (official photographer for this event)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home