Friday, November 24, 2006

Still Around with Heaps of Dilemma

Maybe it was not so good an idea to tell all your friends that you are due anytime since last Monday. Reason - after 11 days, I am literally still bumping (trust me, it’s huge) around and I get an average of 2 queries from well wishers asking me everyday how come I am still around.

The last check-up showed that I have put on 18.1kg! With the Prince, it was 13kg when he popped. I really don’t know what to hope for, for the baby to be big which may mean difficulty when having a natural birth (and risk an emergency C-section) or the weight to be on me which means I have to work extremely hard to work off my months of gorging good (i.e: yummy/ fried/ oily/ abundant/ barbequed/ sweet) food, not to mention all those carbonated drinks.

In these days of waiting and panting, it was fun staying at home with The Prince. We had a Pancake cooking session and a Science class on Coconuts and of course, the much looked forward Nap time when Mummy pretends to fall asleep (or really falls asleep) in order to make The Prince take his naps.

The Prince tasting the pancakes he helped to make
(and sharing them with his pet dog)

Learning about Coconuts and its contents


This made me wonder whether it will be more fun when baby is still inside Mummy’s tummy because (thank god for the helpers) it made me super irritated and breathless when I have to bend over to pick up toys or chase after the Prince. Or perhaps, it may be more fun when baby is out because I will be more able-bodied to do more things together with the Prince (assuming I have the energy to).

One comforting point/ dilemma solved for this week was the Prince chose to move to his new room. Daddy sleeps on the pull-out while the Prince sleeps on the upper deck. So, the Prince has more or less decided for his parents (and his sister) that Mummy shall sleep with baby and confinement lady in the master bedroom, while he and Daddy bonds in his cosy room. We've done it up the best we could, with Wallies (thanks to Auntie Deborah) and some from Spotlight, plus a soft night light and his collection of Thomas & friends. Not to mention his Sesame Street bedsheets.

Meanwhile, I shall heed Michelle’s advice not to brood too much about the big “WHEN AM I GOING TO POP?” but to cherish the last few days with Aidan alone. As Rikesh puts it: “…before the circus begins (again)”.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LoL... okies... no more asking how you are. =) Enjoy yourself! Got another Sagi! =)

Fri Nov 24, 03:41:00 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker