God Bless Domestic Help!
As sleep deprived as I am, I cannot go to bed now because I just ate my dinner and my hair is still wet. I just finished my dinner because I came back late from work. Hubby came to my office, waited for me for 20 minutes but I decided I couldn't leave yet and so he had to drive to my Mum's place, eat his dinner first before packing my meal for me, pick up the Prince and the maid and come back to pick me up from work.
I thank God we are allowed to hire domestic help here in Singapore. Firstly because, I really appreciate having home cooked food. I am grateful I managed to have black pepper chicken, some teriyaki fish and sambal kang kong after putting the Prince to bed. She even laid down my cutlery and plate and soup bowl, short of warming up the food for me. Of course, better still, I don't have to wash up after I eat. (2 most hated household chores for me: washing dishes and ironing)
I have been dying to tell everyone all the talk at work is making me sick. The work load itself, is making me physically sick (having mild sore throat and running nose due to lack of sleep and stress), while all those 'management talk' is making me mentally sick. A silent scream runs through me everytime my new boss opens his mouth and comes out with those notorious "the only thing that is constant here is Change", "The Company does not want managers, they want leaders", "Pressure is good, if it's positive pressure", "let's not reinvent the wheel"... It's truly driving me mad. I have never heard anyone nag so much before. So much so that I told him off last Friday when we were in Hong Kong for meeting. I told him to stop preaching, but well.... shan't go into details or else I won't be able to get to bed for the next 2 hours.
The house is in a mess because both Hubby and I have been travelling. Dirty laundry, luggage bags, plastic bags, toiletries are currently lying around the floor. The Prince spent a good 10 days with the 2 kakaks (the helpers) and his Grandma, without his parents around at night. We went to Japan for a short holiday (my 'Japan trip' draft blog is still inside Hubby's laptop so I can't upload it yet), and upon our return, Hubby had to leave for Hungary the following day while I headed for Hong Kong the day after for work.
r
The Prince made wonders while we were away. He managed to speak actual words like "More" and called Grandma "Po Po". He learnt how to jump like a kangaroo, roar like a lion, say "oh-oh" for a dog and "aak-aak" ( = "quack quack") for duck. It amazed us how much he has learnt for the time we were away. Really thank Grandma for her time and effort invested in the Prince. And over the weekend, he learnt to say "up" after I held a biscuit up for the dog to make her stand and he copied how I did it.
Sadly, I have to end here because my eyelids are feeling extremely. Doesn't help that I have a meeting starting at 8am tomorrow. It was quite a tough choice to make. Boss asked us whether we wanted to work through the night or come in early to complete the discussion. For me, it meant either 'no decent dinner and no tugging Prince into bed' or 'no decent breakfast and dropping Prince at Grandma's place'. In cases like this, I always take the short term approach - settle my needs there and then. So while the men (I am the only female manager amongst the 5 managers and 1 prick - go figure out who is the prick) all said they have no problem staying, I suggested to start again next morning since I have to finish more work for discussion tomorrow. This way, I am also assured that I could satisfy my hunger and then worry about breakfast tomorrow.
My battery is really running flat. Didn't even realise a public holiday is making this weekend a long one. Wish me luck that the week will go past smoothly. Forgot to add, part of my short term plan this evening included having enough sleep, which means I didn't bring back my work to complete. So while I am thinking 'screw eliza's work', I am expecting it's gonna be 'screw eliza' tomorrow for the incomplete work I am going to present tomorrow.
God Bless Me.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home