Saturday, May 06, 2006

Me @ Week 10

I was driving home from the mall with the 2 boys behind when I felt like my dinner was being pushed upwards. Felt like someone was pressing on my stomach in timely intervals. The frequency became more and more intense and 5 minutes after I reached home, my dinner was out into the toilet bowl.

Fact is: I am currently 10 weeks pregnant.

The good thing about being overworked and super busy is that the 1st trimester passes pretty quickly. You don't spend too much time fussing over the symptoms or worry about what you should/should not be doing. Of course, the bad news is you can never get enough rest and you don't have the time to check out whether any discomfort you are experiencing is normal/ part of pregnancy and leaves you wondering if you have some stomach tumour growing inside you.


Reason why I made that morbid statement is because I have been having gastric pains almost every day. I only learnt few days ago from my Gynae that that was normal because of the huge amount of acid juices produced during pregnancy. Before that, my stomach was bloated, I had sharp pains under my rib cage, and I had to put a hot water bottle onto my tummy to ease the pain every night.

The similarities between my 1st pregnancy and the current one are the level of saliva (pytalism) flowing out like the Niagara Falls, the burping and the constant hunger pangs. The differences, or the additional discomforts I am experiencing now, are the gastrics pains, the pimples breakout and a bad memory. The rest, I can't remember...as I said, my memory is failing me nowadays.

Jess asked me how is it like being pregnant and already having 1 toddler to take care of. I guess I can say I am lucky Hubby is very hands-on so over the past weekends, I did manage to catch short naps while he entertains the Prince alone. Can't complain and to me, the real challenge comes when the little one is out and I have an infant and a toddler to handle together. One other point though, is that anyone who is having their 1st pregnancy should really take time to relax and enjoy because you don't get that luxury anymore for your next pregnancies. Instead of people fussing over you, you will be fussing over your kid.

The Prince doesn't quite understand a sibling cum playmate is on the way. We have tried asking him whether he'd like a brother or sister but lately, one of his latest trick is to shake his head violently to any questions we asked; so we decided to stop asking him those 'sibling' questions in case he thinks "No" is the standard answer to them.

For those friends who I have not informed and have to learn the news through the blog, my apologises to you. You have to understand I have at least 10 windows open on my laptop everyday at work, and I don't have the guts to open up MSN or IE because my multi-tasking skills have degraded and it takes me more time to gather my train of thoughts back if I get interrupted at work.

It's count-down to Monday. Sigh, sigh, sigh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker