The Prince is Sick
Yes, the EDD is finally here and I am still around.
Close friends would know about my 'mucus plug' story but I shan't elaborate anymore because Hubby is amused why I have to keep mentioning the incident to others. In short, it is a sign of labour but it can't tell you how soon the actual labour will start. Just a sign to indicate that the cervix has started dilation.
It was an eventful morning as we were worried I may be checked into the maternity ward anytime and we rushed to bring the Prince to see the doctor because he (finally) has caught our bug and came down with a bad cough with a runny nose.
For someone who falls sick quite often (every 2-3 months), I never bothered about the names of medicine prescribed to me until I had my little boy. Because of his illnesses over the past 2 years, I took an interest in memorising the names of the medicines he was given.
Inevitably, I am now pretty well-versed in terms of the clinical medicine issued to me and my little boy. For Yours Truly Mummy, I always get either Clarinase, Chlorpheminine (don't know how to spell), or Fedac for running nose. I used to get 'served' Cirrus but I guess this isn't safe for preggies so I haven't had it so far this year. For sore throats, I'll get either Mac/ Difflam/ Euphon/ Trachisan lozenges. (I discovered Bactidol gargle works quite well for me, too bad I have to buy this from the phamarcy and not from the clinic).
I learnt something new today from the relief doctor at The Prince's clinic. The Prince gets either Salbutamol or Ventolin for his coughs so far and they are actually the same. One is a brand name while the other is the medical name. Those are for 'cough & wheezing', while for his condition this time, he is taking an additional 'Prospan' which helps the phelgm. Rhiniramine, for running nose and allery, can be substituted with Zrytec if the former isn't working for the little one. Fever - Paracetomol (there's a typo somewhere I know so obviously I don't have the genes to be a chemist/ pharmacist/ nurse/ doctor. Honestly, to date, besides H2O and O2, the NaN2/ Ca3/ Mg, etc confuses me greatly).
I was proud to let the doctor know we have bottles of Optrivin at home should he has blocked nose, so she doesn't need to prescribe us any this time. Oh, by the way, we have at least 2-3 bottles of half taken medicine in the fridge for each of the above mentioneds.
Having said the above, it's more for my record and references in future. Do not take any part of the above and apply to anyone. Preggies have bad memories, especially those who are becoming overdue because it means their brain damage has been prolonged.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home