Home Alone
It felt strange being at home at night, not having to prepare a bottle of milk or head straight up to the bedroom the moment I stepped into the house. It felt stranger to look into the dressing table mirror, for it has been more than a year since I turned on the light at the dressing table at night while putting my ‘chemicals’ (Hubby’s term for my toner and moisturizer) on my face. It is usually done in the dark because the Prince would have been asleep by the time I have taken my bath. Even Aidan's cot looks strange because I have turned it into a clothes hanger, with my towel and clothes hanging around it.
You see, my 2 boys have gone for a holiday without me. Doctor has advised against any traveling during the 1st trimester, just in case I needed any medical assistance. I did fly to Japan and Hong Kong, and will be going to Malaysia next week; but the thought of being stuck on an island whereby there’s only a flight out a day to Singapore on every alternate days was a little scary. Hence I have chosen to stay back, while the boys go join the Ang family at Redang island.
You see, my 2 boys have gone for a holiday without me. Doctor has advised against any traveling during the 1st trimester, just in case I needed any medical assistance. I did fly to Japan and Hong Kong, and will be going to Malaysia next week; but the thought of being stuck on an island whereby there’s only a flight out a day to Singapore on every alternate days was a little scary. Hence I have chosen to stay back, while the boys go join the Ang family at Redang island.
h
During the 1.5 days since the boys have gone, I have met up with Jess, gone shopping, a soak in the pool, did some online shopping, met up with Claret and baby Annika (who is 25% Indian, 25% Chinese & 50% German, so pretty isn't she?!), had Tim Sum, did more shopping, gone for a facial, worked (yes, work again), satisfied my craving for BBQ sting-ray with Cynthia.f
In total, I had 2 Tim Sum brunches (1 more with ex colleagues today), and close to $600 on retail therapy. I really have to reward myself, because I have spent few hours yesterday working on my laptop (and the past 2 hours too) during my long weekend. Moreover, it's Mother's Day today.
f
So the long weekend is coming to an end. I really MISS MY BOYS!! They will be back tomorrow noon. Heard the Prince has turned tall (has always been), dark (during the past few days) and handsome (always been). Can't wait to see them!


1 Comments:
Hey, congrats! YOU DIDN'T SAY!!! was gonna ask u abt YL's wedding, Mel called me last night but I only touched down at 1115pm. No wonder u said not going to Redang liao lah.... - Gator
Post a Comment
<< Home