Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Arrival - 27th Nov 2006, 2326 hrs



Princess Amelie arrived on the following day after my last blog entry. It was a long wait indeed, from being overdue from her EDD until the actual delivery itself. Needed both the works of induction as well as the magical, wonderful epidural in order for the hopsital to be able to ship me out of the delivery suite (we probably got blacklisted from the Prince's experience because we took up a suite for 30 hours while waiting for the Prince's arrival).

While waiting to be admitted to the hospital, the Prince got more pressies as his parents roamed around Tanglin Mall to eat lunch before going to the hospital to be put under observation. These are on top of his other 'presents from Mei-mei' (MIL says we are overdid it, haha), like the 3 Tomica car specimens as well as a Thomas the Train Die-cast playset.


So the answer to the question "How did Aidan react to his sister?" is - He was ok, gave a soft toy to his sister and ended up busy playing with his toys as well as the hospital bed. That was for Day 1 & 2.


Day 3: This is the Prince's reaction today - after his sister cried and yelped for milk whole day long. Guess he has mixed feelings for her. He is curious and fascinated with her, and yet jealous a tat bit. Told me "No need (to) touch" when I was carrying the baby, and he insisted his sister to 'sleep there' (back into her playpen) instead of inside Mummy's arms.

Unlike the last time, we had to resort to feeding Amelie 2 bottles of baby formula. She was crying non-stop and was constantly shipped from the nursery to our room. Apparently bigger babies (Amelie came in at 3.94kg) need more feeding... and how was my body supposed to know it has to produce more colostrum because the baby is bigger than others??

More updates later...meanwhile, I am glad I can see my toes again!

The New Big Brother!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you have this blog sis... I'm so faraway and I feel like I'm missing everything. But at least I can see how you guys (including the new princess) are doing.

A big congrats to you and ko... I'll most likely see the baby end of December. Say hi to her for me...

BIL

Thu Nov 30, 10:20:00 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker