Sunday, May 21, 2006

Hot Stuff

I wish I have time to write a long one, but tonight I know I don't.

The Prince is down with flu, and he hasn't slept well the night before = I'm likely to come down with flu soon because I also haven't slept well the night before. His nose is blocked and alas, he still hasn't mastered the skills of blowing out yet so I have to help him clear his nose every hour during the night.

Today, I bought the 3rd bottle of Otrivin (for blocked nose) because I just couldn't find any at home. It's really time we do some house-keeping over here. I always have to purchase a new bottle everytime the Prince comes down with a blocked nose.

As I sit on the stairway right outside the room, I'm vigorously typing this out and vigorously perspiring away. You see, it's a 'No Air-con' Night which means the doors of both the toilet and the bedroom are open so I have to stand guard just in case the Prince wakes up and wanders out of the room. I am too lazy to set up the baby gate, so would rather move the laptop and sit outside the room.

It's a 'No Air-con' night because of the irony (which me and Hubby both dislike a lot) on the level of comfort for the sick when the air-con is turned on. Dr told us before (and my mum too) that it helps not to sleep with air conditioner when one's nose is blocked. Of course, Dr also mentioned it depends as the patient may have a more comfortable nose but an uncomfortable climate to sleep in.

In our case, whenever the Prince falls sick (if it's one of us, it's easy.... we just ship ourselves out of the room), there's always a sense of relunctance to sleep without the air-con because we end up sweating like pigs and waking up several times a night. When I told Hubby earlier (he's gone to attend a wedding in Malaysia) that me and son will be sleeping without the air-con, he was very supportive and hmmm... thought I felt a sense of relief from his tone of voice.

This is real good Sauna stuff, sitting out here in the stale air along the stairway. I'll probably need my 3rd bath for the day before I turn in. Which means I need to go now, because if I don't rest early, my rest hours may be even shorter considering I'm on 'night-shift' for the 2nd night in a row. It doesn't help that tomorrow is the oh-so-dreadful Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker