3
It's the Hungry Ghost Festival and I really don't like it. I do respect the idea of spirits returning to Earth for a month (and apparently 2 months in this year) but do not believe or practise the myths like: one should not swim during this period, or move house or do anything auspicious. The reason why I don't like it is purely because (and only starting from last year) of the bloody noisy 'Getai' shows they put up around the neighbourhood. And why only last year? Because it gets pretty challenging and frustrating trying to make a baby go to bed when it feels like you have surround sound speakers in your room, except the entertainment (or noise pollution, depending how you see it) is blasting away in Hokkien.
I have one going on right now, and about 500m away from our apartment. For this, I truly admire those who stay at the blocks of flats right in front of the stage. How do you tolerate such noise and not to mention it wouldn't stop till 10.30pm at night???? To add on it, the Prince is sick and I swear he's been tossing and turning and flipping around trying to fall asleep because of the noise.
Ok, let's speak about the 3s in my life this week.
3 things that the Prince amazed us with recently:
1. We merely said "After breakfast, Mama and Papa will bring you downstairs to fly the helicopter, ok?". The Prince disappeared and came back holding the remote helicopter in both of his hands. We were surprised because he barely saw the toy less than 5 times and Daddy hid the toy inside one of the rooms which the Prince never stepped in. He must have caught a glimpse one of the weekends and remembered it was there! (sadly, after 10 minutes of several attempts to take off, the chopper ended its life for good by landing into the fish pond. N yes, I know, I know... what were we thinking of, trying to fly a piece of motorised equipment next to water?)
2. He and Lulu (the dog) were, once again, fighting for food as they watched
me peel 'langsats' (see right). The dog tried a few times to grab one from the plate. I said a few 'No's and the Prince decided to join me. He waved his hand towards the dog and said 'No! No! No!' and when the dog did not budge, he poked his fingers into her cheek to push her away. Doubt he has the courage to do so unless I am around because he knows very well by now that Lulu's bite's definitely tougher than her bark.
me peel 'langsats' (see right). The dog tried a few times to grab one from the plate. I said a few 'No's and the Prince decided to join me. He waved his hand towards the dog and said 'No! No! No!' and when the dog did not budge, he poked his fingers into her cheek to push her away. Doubt he has the courage to do so unless I am around because he knows very well by now that Lulu's bite's definitely tougher than her bark.9
3. He discovered the neighbour has a dog. I opened the back door to wait for the gas man to come and he stood at the gate while I went to look for the grill keys. "Mama, Dog dog!", he said. I turned and told him no one has a dog on our floor. He looked and sort of nodded: "Dog dog", he repeated. I followed him to where he was pointing and indeed, there was a brown Pomernarian next door!
3 things that irked me this week:
1. P.I.L.E.S - I never knew this condition can get so suffering. I only started experiencing piles first time in my life this year, and all because of the pregnancy. It's unfair really, because I drink at least 2 litres of water everyday and I do eat fruits! Why me?? It's the worst thing next to a toothache (I don't get migraines often *touch wood*, and I'm more or less immune to gastric pains now). It's constantly on your mind and regardless whatever position you are in, sitting/ standing or sleeping, the pain is perpetually there. Unreal.... and unfair!!!
2. The slave driver (my boss) at work dictates that all business traveling will have to be done before or after working hours, no more during working hours. What the F***? Why are we sacrificing our personal time for the company? Not as though we get time-off and any other form of compensation for it. One more reason why I look forward to be 'medically grounded' when September comes (into my last trimester!)
3. Ruined nail - imagine going for a pedicure and taking care not to ruin the 'might-still-be-wet' nails... only to find out 40% of the paint gone on one toe the moment you reached home.
3 names
The name game has started, or rather Hubby and I have come up with 3 options for our baby girl.
1. Amy (meaning 'Beloved')
2. Amelia (also the same meaning as above)
3. Amelie (of French origin... pronounced like 'Emily')
If you are reading this, feel free to tell us your preference through a comment. Would love to know what our friends think about the names.
Last but not least, WELCOME BABY EMMA CHEE to the world! She's born sometime between 6.30pm - 8.30pm (because that's when Daddy Chee updated me about Mummy Jessica going for a C-section and the annoucement of her birth). A National Day baby! (Hmm... I wonder if the parents get an extra goodie bag at the hospital).


3 Comments:
I like Amelia. Sounds very demure.
The more I look at the names, the more I like the name Amelie. Feel it's much nicer than Amy...
BIL
i prefer Amelie, it's more special
Post a Comment
<< Home