Little Notes
Cool blog
Was up in the in-laws' place over the weekend and BIL showed me a cool website. He said he always wanted to show me (there's 2 blog-sites he thinks is cool) but not sure if I have the time to read or not. So when the boys and I were up there, and Hubby was trying to get the Prince to take his morning nap, I took the Sat morning to check out www.karencheng.com.au. It is very interesting indeed. BIL was very kind to warn me (he's always been a little of the S.N.A.G type) that Karen is a trained designer so her website will definitely look nicer than mine. If you have time, go on and click the link!
Some facts I got out from her site:
- we have the same Birthday (4th July, ahem, can almost smell it ... haha!)
- she's a young and pretty mum of 2 at 26 years old
- her parents are staying in W.Australia hence she is able to deposit her kids with her mum so that she can go 'cheong' on certain nights (*envious*)
- lastly, yo Bro, you mentioned she's Malaysian by birth but I think she's kinda ABC leh. Not that Asian after all. She only has 'Ang Mo's in her photos!
I Love BKK!
Everybody around me knows I love visiting Bangkok (who doesn't?). Despite that I was sent by my boss for a work trip over the past 3 days, I enjoyed myself. Firstly, the hotel was super decent, the Intercontinental, which has bloody awesome breakfast spread (with someone standing by a juicer so that I can have my fresh 'carrot & orange' mix fruit drink) and local pork noodles.
Anyone who goes to BKK should try 'Siam Pork' (I finally got the translation from my Thai colleague) chain of restaurants. The noodles are cheap and good, the grilled pork neck is super succulent, soft and fragrant. Downed with Roselle drink (I think it's just Ribena), the entire meal is to die-for. *slurp*
I managed to take half a day of leave (this morning) to shop and to my surprise, I ran out of cash and had to use my credit card. The cashier told me "Madam, spend over 5000baht can get VAT refund". That was after my 1st purchase of 1,800 baht. I smiled and told her "No thanks, too much to spend. Wouldn't buy so many things, going back in afternoon." When the clock struck 12 noon, I was lugging a heavy basket (filled with toys, bras, t-shirts, mittens & booties, etc) around the baby's department deciding whether I should get the top/ bottom set or a 1 piece suit for Baby Ang. Yup, in the end, I did manage to claim VAT refund - which I spent it on more shopping at the airport!
Yes, I am happy because I managed to hold a good meeting with my distributors, ate my favourite pork noodles, drank my Tom-Yum, did shopping and even meet up with my Thai friend Sally for lunch.
The Disgraceful Ones
Us Chinese in Asia knows, the worse tourists any country could have would probably be the Chinese... Those 'Made (and live) in China' ones. I was queuing (and so were at last 8 other passengers) for the toilets at the airport, after alighting from the flight. This lady came in, with a sticker of some tour agency pasted on her sweater which gave her nationality away. She glanced at the queue, paused, and pushed her way towards the front.
'Wah lau eh, don't tell me she is going to cut queue man!', I thought. I was No. 6 in the queue, so the ones in front of me were all looking at her. I was wrong, she turned to the basins and washed her hands. I was wrong because, she wasn't going to cut queue, she was going to wash her hands, and then cut queue. After washing her hands, she leaned on her back and stared at the cubicles while the rest of us were in the queue by the side.
This young Chinese lady turned to her back and remarked to the Caucasian in front of me:"Must be Chinese, they always do this kind of things." So when the cubicle doors opened, the Disgraceful One grabbed the door closest to her and stepped inside. The young lady shouted after her in Mandarin: "Hey don't you know how to queue? You people always do this, no manners at all!".
I must say I was quite proud of her for saying that. I had silently made up my mind that I will back the young lady up if the Disgraceful One confronts her. But I guess the Disgraceful One decided it was more important to answer nature's call than to argue with some stranger. Come to think of it, the young lady sounded Taiwanese, so if I had 'participated' in their argument (if any), I'll probably lose out given my standard of Mandarin compared to theirs. They might end up calling me disgraceful for being Chinese but only able to converse in a mix of Mandarin and English.
I need Photos!
Hubby has commented I'm lacking in photos on my blog. I know it too.... argh, simply don't have time to download my photos from my phone to the laptop in the office. Can't do it at home because our budget Compaq doesn't recognise reduced MMC card. I promise I'll put up some photos soon.
Oh, by the way, while I was reading KarenCheng's blog and the Prince was supposed to nap, I was told the Prince was patting my side of the pillow in the room asking for 'Mama'. Hubby has to tell him a few times that 'Mama doesn't want to sleep now.' So Sweet, Right!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home