Monday, June 12, 2006

Almost Made It

So I almost made it to the pool. It'll be my 1st night swim after getting pregnant.

I did remove my make-up and changed into my swim wear when the Prince stirred when I thought he was already asleep. As he sat up, I quickly dived onto the bed to coax him back to sleep. He gamely lied down next to me, at the same time gestured that I must lie down with him. Hence, I obliged and that's when 'Laziness' set in.

Few thoughts came into my mind: 'You are still full from dinner anyway, how are you going to swim comfortably?', 'Aidan was a bit emotional this weekend, he may not sleep well and wake up crying while you are at the pool', 'Desperate Housewives is playing at 10pm, are you sure you can make it back by then?'. With these thoughts, and the soft sheets against my skin, I decided I'll trade a workout in the pool for a quick shower, a short blog, some TV. This way, I am still exercising... my brains and eyes, instead of my limbs that's all.

The Prince is currently obsessed with watching TV inside the car. It's a wonderful way to keep him still in his car seat. In fact, he obediently crawls inside his seat each time he gets into his car, in exchange for some TV time. Not sure about Dad, but I am going crazy with his Thomas the Train Sing-along vcd.

Yes, I was the one who bought it when I was at the KLIA airport with the Prince. But the Prince has been watching the 13 tracks of 'MTV' for the past 3 weeks everytime he is inside the car. The tunes hums inside my head when I'm at work, and really I am awed how anyone can put in so much life inside 'trains'.

There's a track titled 'The Train that Ran Away'. He was told he belonged to the scrap yard anyway, so he huffed and puffed, pulled up his tender and off he went. (I think I quoted the lyrics quite closely, after watching it so many times). I remarked: "How can a train run away? Someone has to drive it, so means the person stole it, right? So the train was stolen, didn't run away, what." Hubby brought me back to reality (or back to fairy tale, depending how you see it): "Come on, have you seen a train with a face before and can smile?"

Oh whew, the score for 'Australia vs Japan' is still 0-1, didn't miss much while blogging and watching DH.
I promise, the next chance I have, I must swim or find another way to exercise. By the way, I am currently researching on pre-natal yoga. The will is strong, but the flesh is weak... hope it happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker