The Prince & Us
First, we tried to distract him and tell him Mummy needs to queue up to pay and so he and Daddy should wait outside. (I was indeed queuing up to pay for other groceries).
5 minutes later, Daddy walked back into the supermarket, with Prince in his arm and said: "Cannot lah, he's still waiting and stuck out his tongue to show me how he wants to lick the ice cream." And the Prince looked at me and asked: "Pay?"
Darn, as much as we know he shouldn't be taking sweet and cold stuff because of his cough, we succumbed and Daddy walked the Prince back to the fridge to pick up the ice-cream Mummy had secretly dumped back. Guess we were partly impressed by his memory and the determination he had to bite into that Cornetto cone.
So, here are the 2 happy boys:
(They would have been happier if not for Mummy fighting with Aidan for the cone to ration the intake of ice-cream and caused it to drop on the floor. While the Prince stared at me picking up the cone, Daddy gave me a look before he quickly bit off the part that landed on the ground so that the Prince's indulgence would not be cut short).
Anyway, other interesting event that happened today was we dressed up to go eat at the club's western restaurant. Hubby's idea to 'pamper' me because the gynae said I should eat more liver and I told him my definition of liver = goose liver, not pig's liver. Luckily my urge for Foie Gras wasn't too strong today because after one and a half hour's car ride and a toddler-who-skipped-his-afternoon-nap, we ended up having take-away Penang dishes at home!
The Prince slept only 45 mins (usually about 2-3 hours a day) in the morning and he and Daddy spent 1.5 hours in the room (Daddy dozing, Aidan climbing around/ flipping around) before The Prince was asked whether he wanted to nap or not, for the final time. 'NO' was the answer and when Daddy asked if he wanted to go downstairs, the Prince stood up immediately, spat his (damn) pacifier out, said "Down!" and opened the door himself.
We were impressed by his energy level before we left for dinner around 7pm. After his dinner in the car, at 7.25pm, he was staring out of the car with a drowsy look. By the time we almost reached our destination, he could barely keep his eyes open. So a quick decision was made that we turned around and let him sleep because if we go ahead with fine-dining dinner, it means one of us have to take turn to sit with him in the car, while the others finish their dinner... and God knows how long they are going to take to serve dinner.
Anyway, turns out well because Hubby was very impressed with the Herbal Duck soup and I enjoyed the Peranakan chicken and the rojak. (Yes, I put on another 2.5kg this month. So in the span of 2 months, I've added 5kg to myself! Well done, eh?)
And as I type, I am ripping some music from my old CDs. It brings back memories of my Uni days and more amusing because it brought out the fact of the 'combined assets' of Hubby and mine. Since we moved in together, we combined our collection of CDs and tonight, I've found double copies of Def Leppard, Crowded House, Brandy's 'Have you Ever?' and Babra Streisand & Bryan Adams' 'I've finally found someone'. Other than that, it's easy to identify the owners of the cds because the good music (Meat Loaf, Chicago, George Michael) belongs to me while the bad ones (Michael Bolton, Boyzone, Westlife, ok... Savage Garden's not that bad) belong to my other half.
Off to bed now. Since the Prince has been sleeping since 7.30pm, I think it's a wise move to go to bed early just in case he decided he had enough rest by 4am and wants to get out of bed!
P.S: See the big ball on the left? The Prince swung it and Daddy failed to catch it and it hit him on the face leaving a small bruise. It seems the ball hit him and he even fell to the ground. From the way Daddy described, I could have sworn he found it amusing. Anyway, forgot to take a group picture with the Appletons. We met them for breakfast this morning.



1 Comments:
Just started going to your blog and it's now on my favourites. I can't believe how much Aidan has grown, and I thought I saw him through your webcam just a couple of months ago?! Anyway, love getting the updates about your life and prince(s)! Soon to come a new addition, how nice!
Post a Comment
<< Home