Friday, August 11, 2006

Sore - Soar - Saw

As I speak now, the little one inside me is having her hiccups.

She used to be awake and kicking around 9.30pm, that's when her koko falls sleep. Then gradually she started 'waking up' later and this week, she's awake around 10pm and have hiccups which set my tummy thumping for a few minutes. I pray she doesn't have the habit of waking up later and later in the night as the months go by. As it is, I am starting to have problems sleeping because of her night gym classes in the wee hours of the morning.

SORE
I'm having a freaking uncomfortable sore throat again. I hope it's not the Prince's germs because he's taking an awfully long time to recover (and our friend doesn't need to go to work, gets to take 2 naps a day, sleeps early at night) and my heart will break to know he suffered a sore throat before his running nose and that terrible cough came along.

At work, I gargle Trachisan (decided to try this because it's more expensive and it does seem to work better) and at home I gargle Bactidol. Doesn't seem to work this time round. It's a dull ache, so much so that I don't even want to open my mouth to drink anything.

SOAR
My appetite has soared so much over the past months that I am feeling terribly guilty about it. I had 5 buffets last week during my Sales Convention at the Shangri-la (Yes, the food at THE LINE is just awesome! I can finally understand how one is willing to pay $88+++ for a buffet dinner).

The average weight gain per month for preggies should be 1 - 1.5kg per month. I put on 2.5kg last month (must be the meals on the cruise that did me in, that I am sure). Dr Chin says I'm doing too good a job at gaining weight. I'm feeling super guilty now because my next check up is in 3 days' time and I estimate it's going to be another 2.5kg - 3kg. There's so much guilt that I did force myself to swim last Sunday, while my 2 darlings watched TV at home.

I realised it wasn't too hard at all to invest: 2 minutes to change into swimwear and find my goggles, 2 minutes to wear my robe, say goodbye to the boys and wait for the lift, 4 minutes to walk to the pool, strip and glance around to find idiots staring at a pregnant lady in bikini, 10 minutes swimming 12 laps, 2 minutes lazing at the pool side and 1 minute (super speed) to rush out of the pool and drape the robe around my bump.

Total: 21 minutes excluding bath time. It's really the 21 days (or more) of will power and determination to exercise that is hard to gather.

SAW
Ok, I didn't witness the sight myself. Hubby was the one who saw the frog being killed. I am feeling a little bit sick in the stomach for the past 2 hours. It's possibly a combination of guilt-from-weeks-of-overeating, plus really over-eating during dinner and the thought of the scene "The guy took the scissors and hit the frog on the head man!", that is causing me to feel bloated and lethargic now.

Blame it on me having good imagination, by nature. After Hubby told me he ordered the congee and saw the guy picked a frog and smashed its head, it was a tough decision whether to eat the steaming hot delicious frog congee or not. Moreover, the Fengshui Master told me it's good for pregnant women to go more charity during the pregnancy period and not eat frogs and crabs (because they tend to be alive until an order comes along and then the chef kills them on the spot to cook), as the karma is reflected on the baby (er, for the Charity part..and I do hope he meants only that part).

I like the theory Hubby put up that it's possible the frog was not meant for us, i.e. the ones we ate were dead long ago or came frozen. He said it's not possible to kill and skin a frog in such short time frame. It is until Dr Chua (my doctor sis) confirmed it's super easy to to de-skin any animals, just slice them in the middle and turn them inside out!

I consider myself morbid (think I further grossed Hubby out just now when I told him I probably had Frog No.1's left arm in my tummy and Frog No.2's right leg as well... he forbade me to tell him which limbs he might have inside his stomach), but yes, the more I think about the dead frogs, the more I feel bad about having had that congee.

Maybe I should consider going vegetarian tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker