Thursday, August 24, 2006

1000 and counting! Thanks to all!

The combination of procrastination and bad memory is that you fail to achieve your goal and then the feeling of regret sets in. Ok, guess that's obvious and as I am typing, I'm chatting with Ling who 'says': The greatest regret is not trying than failing to try, which I totally agree.

Reason why I said the above was I told myself I want to congratulate/ thank my 1000th visitor to my blog. That was when I saw the counter @ 984 hits last week. So coupled with 'let's wait a few more days before I post my thoughts' and a business trip to Hong Kong, I totally forgot to update and today, I found the hits counter standing @ 1015. Waaaaaggghhhh!!!! Now I'll never know who my 1000th visitor is! I was going to offer a Spa package for 2 and an overnight stay for 2 on a private yacht to that person... like real....

The other regret I am having now is I stupidly left my belated birthday present - a USB card reader inside my laptop bag. My brain's really not functioning well these days. The USB card is supposed to be left at home, so that I can transfer my pictures from my phone to the laptop because this cheapo Compaq at home can't read from a reduced MMC. So as much as I want to post photos (Po-po is here this week with the Prince and she took some cool photos), I have to wait till I step into the office tomorrow. And my laptop can read MMC direct....

Oh yes, before I go to bed, just have to document down that tonight, my darling Prince took his own initiative to throw his (damn) pacifier into the rubbish bin! It's not the 1st time he did this, but hopefully as a more matured human being @ 22 months+, he is showing me some commitment that he's sincere to quit that dreaded, sucking habit of his. The poor kid did have some withdrawal symptoms though, he was rubbing his nose and scratching his neck and stomach while trying to fall asleep. Me too, had to put in some sacrifice by stopping my yoga practice (I do my breathing exercises while watching him fall asleep) and lying next to him to coax him to close his eyes (not too suffering a sacrifice, of course).
'Nadia' the Gymnast-a.k.a-Baby-Ang, has been giving me hard kicks in my ribs these 2 days. Those kicks really force me to sit up straight in order to catch my breath and also give her more space, praying that she will not kick again. The name 'Nadia' has 2 meanings.

Firstly of course, named after the Romanian Olympic champion, Nadia Comaneci, who scored the perfect 10 in 1976 and secondly, it's the joke we have had since 2004, to name Aidan's sister 'NADIA' because it is 'AIDAN' spelt backwards. Of course, it won't happen in realilty because (1) we thought it's a bit cruel to set a name based on your elder sibling's, (2) the name has already been given to a plastic toy doll of The Prince's and (3) All babies Ang will have a name starting with 'A' because Mummy read before somewhere before that people with initials of double alphabets are more easily remembered (such as Ronald Reagan, Marilyn Monroe and not forgetting, Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Thomas the Train, Bob the Builder, Maisy the Mouse and Strawberry Shortcake).

Enough of my crap, off to bed. Freak, it's half past 11!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker